Today with the fast evolving mobile phone technology, it is pretty hard to stay loyal to one handset as there is always something new and better coming into the market every new day. As much as it is a boon for the consumers, it also creates a mass havoc among them with a huge confusion in their mind as to which one to choose. So just for a guideline to choose a phone that suits you the best, here are 10 things to consider before buying a smartphone. One can also use one of the Pepperfry Discount Coupons to avail of deals on the device of your choice.
1. Decide on your requirements: Make sure to jot down what exactly do you need from your phone. Do you need a smartphone or a simple phone, what are you be going to use the phone for and then decide which phone suits your requirements the best.
2. Manage your Budget: With inflation being on an all-time high, it is necessary to keep your expenses in check. So you need to look out as to how much is too much. Make sure you have a proper figure as to how much you can splurge and then decide on your piece.
3. Be firm on what you require: Once you have decided that this is what you require, then be firm on it and do not fall for the marketing tactics and features of other phones, else you might find yourself with a phone and 10,000/- lighter than expected. Make sure to use discount coupons to pull down the price of your purchase.
4. Decide on the ecosystem: With various OS coming up like iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone, research well and decide which one do you want or suits your requirements the best. And then buy a phone accordingly.
5. Fix a range of screen sizes you desire: Many phones now are coming with big screens, so if you do not quite require a huge screen, then there is no point paying those extra bucks for a screen. Hence decide how big a screen you desire.
6. How much gaming needs you got? Are you a big gamer, a moderate gamer or non-gamer? Its upto you to decide because then you will have to buy a phone according to it. Gaming needs means a phone with higher specs which means extra cost. So choose a phone properly accordingly.
7. Photo buff? Are you snap-happy? You love photography and clicking pictures everywhere you go? In that case you might want to invest in a phone with great camera and video recording capabilities. So check out the camera performance of phones and decide which the best that suits you is.
8. Memory needs: If you love to carry your music around in your phones but are not able to due to memory issues, then you need to find a phone that provides you sufficient memory on board or else maybe allows you to expand the memory using a SD card.
9. Charging issues: If you are a huge traveler and you do not quite get to charge your battery, then you might go dark and that is not something we desire. Hence it is necessary to pick a phone with a good battery backup so that you do not have to go hunting for a charging point every single time.
10. Showing off: Everyone loves to show off their mean pocket machine to everyone. So if you are one of them, then make sure you pick a phone which has a good aesthetic look to it and which makes sure it has eyes turning back to it.
At End of the day it all comes down to personal preference, but following these guidelines can make sure you do not leave any base uncovered and always end up with the best piece for you.
Latest posts by Frank Donald (see all)
- Creating Arduino web server and controlling things via WiFi – Tutorial - December 6, 2017
- Interfacing RGB LED with Arduino - November 1, 2017
- Solar powered + Remote operated Plant watering system - October 13, 2017