Smartphones has been evolving day to day with their size, look, specifications and performance. And flexible phones have become quite a great evolution in the smartphones with series of flexible smartphones already released LG has come up its flexible smartphone LG G Flex launched earlier this month. This super smartphone was announced after LG successfully developed flexible smartphone batteries. So what makes this smartphones so special?, there is lots of cool features in this smartphone to talk about and pick our favorite among it. Coolest of it all was the rear finish which was said to be “Self Healing” derived from paint finishes in the Automotive industries. The surface will expand after being scratched and seals up any damage, preserving the phone’s classy look. Lets look into the complete features and specifications of this LG G Flex Smartphone.
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- This device features a 6 inch OLED display which has a 1280 x 720 pixel resolution.
- A vertical curve in the display seems to provide a clear and glar-free videos and the display is flexible to some extent, can be easily placed in the pants.
- The device was powered by a 2.26 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor CPU and a 450 Mhz Adreno 330 GPU for Ultrasmooth gameplay.
- It carries a 13 Megapixel rear facing camera and a 2.1 Megapixel front facing camera which was pretty normal like other smartphones.
- Build with 2GB RAM, 32GB of internal storage it doesn’t support external memory which i see as a small disadvantage.
- It runs in Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with LTE enabled and NFC is also added which was quite missed out one in most of the latest devices.
- G Flex houses its key control buttons on its back, just like G2 and featuring a new “KnockOn” functionality which allows user to wake up handset with tapping the screen twice.
- There is also a new Urgent call alert which sends alert through a LED flashing, when user miss several calls in a row from the same number.
- And swing Lock screen which changes the lock screen image depending on how you hold the phone.
- A unique rear finish which enables the phone to heal after facing a scratch and it was claimed to “Self healing Feature”
This device is quite on a high with lots of cool features but a slight drawback with its memory. Currently Curved and Flexible smartphones started to fill the market and this device from LG seems to stand out among all due to its uniqueness.
Latest posts by Frank Donald (see all)
- Pixel Stick – WiFi controlled multicolor light painting tool - January 15, 2018
- Creating Arduino web server and controlling things via WiFi – Tutorial - December 6, 2017
- Interfacing RGB LED with Arduino - November 1, 2017